Local or Affiliated Organizations with expertise in this field
Tech companies doing work in this area
- Lyft has pledged $500,000 in ride credit to national civil rights organizations who have been working to facilitate essential transportation and equitable access during the recent crises (National Urban League, NAACP, National Action Network, Black Women’s Roundtable and National Bail Fund Network).
- DoorDash has announced a long list of committments including a donation of $1 million, with $500,000 going to Black Lives Matter and $500,000 to create a fund to be directed by the Black@DoorDash ERG towards state and local organizations.
- GoFundMe created the Justice + Equality Fund to support organizations and people that are dedicated to addressing both urgent needs and systemic problems and have committed $500,000 to start the Fund which will initially focus on bail reform, racial justice, and law enforcement reform.
Places to help
- DTLA Community Cleanup Initiative has been leading DTLA community clean-ups that anyone can join.
- A DTLA resident and Director of Strategic Partnerships for ASU, which will soon open a DTLA campus for their journalism school, started a fundraising campaign to help cover insurance deductibles and property damage faced by local businesses.
New York Times An Anti Racist Reading List
DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS HOW-TOS