Venture Capital Engagement Program
We bring together the key investors and stakeholders in the region to help them navigate SoCal’s diverse innovation communities by enabling discovery and connectivity with the people and organizations who help drive their investment strategy. In essence, we provide the connective tissue that facilitates access to our region’s wealth of opportunities.
In SoCal, we’ve got more. And we are where industries and ideas converge.
SoCal is the most well-diversified across industries among the country’s top three innovation hubs: software/tech (21%), health (19%) followed by media (18%).
Over the last 20 years, the SoCal VC community has blossomed from a few handfuls of investors to well over one hundred established funds. And for the first time in almost a decade, SoCal surpassed metro New York in VC funding (over $19Bn which is ~10x larger than in 2000). We also have seen the proliferation of local mega-funds like B Capital, March, Fifth Wall, Sinai, Westlake Bio, Greycroft and Upfront all with over $1Bn in AUM.
With so much opportunity distributed across a promising, yet expansive 40 sq miles it can be hard to know where to start. That’s where the Alliance VC Engagement program comes in...see below for how we can help investors navigate and connect to this massive and growing ecosystem.
VC Engagement Program Details
The VC Engagement Program includes opportunities for brand promotion, thought leadership, and highly curated networking. Strengthen SoCal Relationships, Brand & Engage in SoCal Ecosystem
Promotion & Thought Leadership
- Promotion in Alliance publications (newsletters, programs, events, website)
- Invitations to quarterly Alliance Board of Directors meetings
- Invitations to Alliance marquis events & programs
- Monthly Alliance newsletters
- Elevate your brand to SoCal startups, other VCs, and corporations
- Position your VC as a thought leader via video showcases on successful SoCal investments, speaking opportunities and panels, guest blogging, podcast appearances, and hosting high profile events
Join our VC Executive Advisory Council for exclusive benefits
Chaired by Kara Nortman, Co-Managing Partner, Upfront Ventures
Access to the SoCal Venture Pipeline (SVP) brought to you by Silicon Valley Bank
- Meet regularly with top SoCal & NorCal VC leaders
- Annual social event with top VC leaders and SoCal corporate executives
- Invitation to participate in curated dialogues with venture & corporate elites through our Leadership Engagement and Discussion (LEAD) roundtable series
- Advisory role and access to reporting of SoCal Venture Pipeline venture matching program
- Select members (max of 20) representing a cross-section of top SoCal firms
Invitations to attend sessions of our Strategic University Research Expo (SURE)
- Opportunity to serve on the SVP advisory board that provides program oversight and receives quarterly updates on the performance of the program providing curated investment opportunities targeting SoCal startups seeking their first round of institutional funding of at least $4 million
- Preferred access to present at SVP events and opportunities to advise as a subject matter expert
- Invitations to monthly virtual events that showcase leading research from SoCal’s top universities and institutions curated to match corporate technology and life science interests
How you can get involved
We have scaled the “recommended” support contribution to the Alliance (a not-for-profit organization) to match the size and budget of the VC firm (starting at $5k/year). Please contact Eric Eide to learn more.
Alliance VC Advisory Council