Meet and learn from investors and founders of SoCal unicorns such as Adam Miller (Cornerstone OnDemand), Chang Xu (Upfront Ventures), Hemi Zucker (j2 Global), Eva Ho (Fika Ventures) and Jamie Montgomery (March Capital Partners) on a panel moderated by TechCrunch editor Jonathan Shieber.
Then participate in the panel-led Q&A with each high-flying startup on a trajectory to the illustrious unicorn club. Do they have what it takes? You be the judge.
The Unicorn Quest celebrates the ambition and massive successes of SoCal’s innovation ecosystem as told by the founders and investors themselves. Plus you will meet high-flying startups on a trajectory to unicorn status and the potential for meaningful impact on the SoCal ecosystem.
The Alliance utilizes its unparalleled network to bring together the top professionals in SoCal to network and forge high value relationships, so don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity. Seats are limited.
Why You Should Attend
Gain invaluable insights from some of the best in the game–see how they did it and how you can too.
Meet startup founders and CEOs with ambitious vision and battle tested experience.
Cocktail reception in a very cool architectural space with amazing views of DTLA (had you at cocktails, right?)
4:00 p Attendee Check-in + Refreshments
4:30 p Welcome
Andy Wilson, Executive Director, Alliance for SoCal Innovation
4:40 p Panel Discussion: “Thinking Big: What it Takes to Become a Unicorn”
- Adam Miller – Founder + CEO, Cornerstone OnDemand
- Hemi Zucker – Managing Principal, OCV Partners and Co-Founder & CEO (former), j2 Global
- Chang Xu – Principal, Upfront Ventures
- Jamie Montgomery – Managing Director, March Capital Partners
- Eva Ho – General Partner, Fika Ventures
- Jonathan Shieber, Editor, TechCrunch (moderator)
5:30 p Emerging Unicorn Showcase + Q&A
Who will be SoCal’s next Unicorn? Presenting…
- GumGum – Ophir Tanz, Founder + CEO
- Openpath – Alex Kazerani, Founder + CEO
- Seismic – Douglas Winter, Founder + CEO
6:30 p Hosted Cocktail Reception